General Assembly 2006

IAWLS General Assembly

Lienz, Austria   Saturday, January 21, 2006.

Total present plus represented by proxy, 38, which represented a quorum (minimum 31)

Meeting called to order at 17:15 by Piotr Szkarlat, Chair

Agenda:

  • President’s Report
  • Treasurer’s   Report
  • Election of interim Executive Committee to 3 year term
  • Motion to fix membership fee at zero
  • New Business

 

President’s Report presented by Hannes Larsson

Motion to Accept: For 38, Against 0

 

Treasurer’s Report presented by Hannes Larsson

Motion to Accept: For 38, Against 0

 

Election of Interim Executive Committee to 3 year term

For 37, Against 0, Abstain 1

 

Motion to fix membership fee at zero.

For For 38, Against 0

 

New Business: Several Topics were introduced by those present

 

Lois Nagl questioned race fees, in particular that the last minute entry fee for the DL is too high.

Hannes Larsson responded for the Committee that race fees are set by each race organization, not by Worldloppet

 

Boris Petroff enquired about the status of the Global Worldloppet Skier designation .

Hannes Larsson answered that this topic will be discussed at the Worldloppet   Annual General Meeting in June 2006.   IAWLS has been invited to send a representative to this meeting.

 

Andrew Johnsen asked about the status of the virtual passport concept.

Hannes Larsson responded that this concept will be discussed at the IAWLS EC meeting with Angelo Corradini, WL Secretary General, on January 25, 2006.

 

Gary Fohr suggested that the facility for a chatroom for skiers would be a   good addition to the IAWLS web site.

Piotr Szkarlat answered that this suggestion would be forwarded to Bengt Karlsson, our webmaster.

 

Colin Addison suggested that there should be a uniform skier Code of Conduct governing behavior during races. The Code would contain points such as no removal of skis to run around a traffic jam, slower skiers stay to the right of the trail, etc.

Hannes Larsson answered that each race has its own regulations. This point would be further discussed   by the IAWLS EC to determine the feasibility of a common code proposed by IAWLS.

 

Adjournment

There being no other topics of discussion, the meeting adjourned at 17:40

This entry was posted in General assemblies. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s